If you have any doubts about how to choose the right ring size, then you are in the right place. Here you will find a table with all the sizes, as well as several methods for accurate finger measurement. Before we move on to the measurement methods themselves, we will introduce you to a few important factors.
- Human fingers contract and expand depending on weather conditions. The fingers are about half a size smaller when the hand is cold and correspondingly half a size larger when it is too hot.
- The best time to size is when you are at normal room temperature. It is recommended to do it at the end of the day when the fingers are at their largest size.
- If the knuckle is larger than the base of the finger (this is perfectly normal), measure both parts of the finger and choose the size between them. The jewel should be snug on the finger so it doesn't fall off, but wide enough to pass seamlessly over the knuckle.
- If you are hesitating between two sizes, we recommend choosing the larger one.
Now that you know all this, it's time to move on to the two most accurate ways to measure at home.
Alternatively, if you already know which size you need, use the helpful conversion chart to make sure the ring size you order matches the size you want.
Silenti rings sizing table
Method number 1 - Measuring an old ring
If you have a ring available that you know fits your desired size, the most accurate way when choosing a new one would be to take measurements from the old one. That way, you will keep the possibility of any size inaccuracies to an absolute minimum.
It is extremely important to make sure that you measure correctly along the edge of the internal diameter on the ring (as shown in the picture below). If you don't have a ruler, you can use a tape measure or a caliper.
After measuring the diameter of the old ring, find the nearest size from the section "diameter" in the table above.
Meter number 2 - Measuring the circumference of a finger
Before you measure your fingers using this method, you will need the following materials on hand:
- Sheet of paper
- Pen / Pencil
- Ruler / Sewing Meter
How to measure?
- Step 1 - Cut a piece of paper 15cm long and 0.5cm wide.
- Step 2 - Wrap the paper around the finger you want to wear the ring on. Make sure it's applied tightly, but not too tight, in the exact spot where you want to wear the ring.
- Step 3 - Mark where the paper begins to overlap using a pencil or pen.
- Step 4 - Use a ruler or tape measure to measure the paper in millimeters.
- Step 5 - Set the length of the paper equal to the circumference of your finger. Find the nearest size from the section "Tour" in the table above.
Additional tips for choosing the right ring size
- All of our rings are measured and meet American and Canadian standards.
- We only use whole sizes.
If, despite what you've read, you're not sure which is the right ring size for you, we'd love to help you make the right decision. Contact us from HERE.
In case you are ready to choose your new ring now, click HERE.